Felipe Escalona specializes in aviation law, corporate & commercial law, maritime law, and project and asset financing.
In Aviation Law, he has advised numerous airlines on the development of their flight routes to Panama and their routine affairs with regulatory entities. He is an industry insider who remains at the forefront of aviation law and actively takes part in subject related conferences.
Felipe has participated in the proceedings for the financing of commercial and private aircraft acquisitions. He has also collaborated in the devising of contracts and project biddings for the Tocumen International Airport.
Throughout his career, he has provided legal services and advice to various families and local and multinational companies, for whom he has developed complex legal structures and provided assistance in their mergers and acquisitions processes.
He is known for his business focused training that has allowed him to better satisfy his clients’ needs. Furthermore, his legal expertise ranges industries from aviation, banking, and finance, to consumer goods, maritime, logistics and transportation, tourism, and insurance.
Awards and Recognitions:
- Recommended Attorney in Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions by Legal 500 – Latin America (2021)
- Recommended Attorney in Aviation by Latin Lawyer (2021)
- Recommended Attorney in Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions by Legal 500 (2015)
- Recommended Attorney in the Aviation and Insurance Industry of Panama by IFLR Financial & Corporate Guide (2014)
- Master of Business Administration, MBA – Business Institute (IE Business School) Madrid, Spain (2008)
- Bachelor of Law and Political Science – Santa Maria La Antigua Catholic University | Honors: Magna Cum Laude (2007)
- Academy of Panamanian Aviation History
- Correspondent for the Brazilian FLAP Aeronautical Magazine and the official source for IATA AeroLatin News.